People who live with acne are usually in a very precarious position. A part of them is well aware that acne is in a way a normal condition that most of the population experiences and should be normalized, but at the same time, they also feel really ashamed and self-conscious about it. This dilemma is what usually stops them from seeing a dermatologist, however, we are going to talk about when and why you should be seeing a dermatologist Singapore acne specialist to help you take that first step and book a consultation.
- If you happen to be suffering from moderate to severe acne that is spread throughout your face or your body, then you should see a dermatologist figure out why it is happening to that level.
- If you are currently on different medications and you feel like it might have caused your acne to start up, then seeing a dermatologist and having them clarify whether or not you might be suffering from a side effect could be really beneficial.
- If you have cystic or inflamed acne that is painful or uncomfortable to deal with, then going to a dermatologist is strongly advised because this is a more serious condition that cannot go away on its own.
- If you have been using over the counter medication and ointments and still see no improvement in your acne, then medication is your best course of action, and seeing a dermatologist would do you a lot of good.
- Regardless of the extent of your acne, if you find yourself feeling uncomfortable or self-conscious about it, then you have the right to go to a dermatologist and take care of yourself because this also counts as self-care and taking care of your overall wellbeing too.